Health and safety measures relating to Covid-19 have been confirmed for The Business Travel Conference 2021.
- The conference venue, Hilton London Bankside, will implement Hilton's CleanStay and EventReady programmes, designed to create event experiences that are clean, flexible, safe and socially responsible.
- Hilton Lonson Bankside staff are continuing wear masks and are taking regular voluntary lateral flow tests for the benefit of their colleagues and guests.
- Hilton London Bankside has an NHS check-in/check-out code displayed at the entrance to the property.
- There will be numerous hand sanitisation stations throughout The Business Travel Conference and we will encourage arriving attendees to use these frequently.
- The Business Travel Conference staff will wear masks when interacting with attendees on arrival at the event and will also take voluntary daily lateral flow tests in the run up to and during the event
- For the safety of all attendees we ask that everyone attending The Business Travel Conference should have a negative lateral flow test prior to attending which may be ordered through the Governments’ website.
- The Business Travel Conference will offer delegates an optional wristband on arrival: Green (Ok with hugs and physical contact), Amber (OK with fist bumps/elbow greetings), Red (Good to chat, no physical contact please) in order to ensure all attendees relax and respect fellow attendee comfort levels (and avoid any awkward moments!). Wristbands can be changed during the event so if you take a green wristband and decide to change to amber or red you can just come back to reception and pick up a new wristband, disposing of other one in bins provided.
- The Business Travel Conference will be as contactless as possible this year so we will not be using our usual Silent Conference Headphones but will broadcast conference sessions to the whole room and have some sound deflectors in place to help contain noise.
- The Business Travel Conference is a limited space event that occupies less than 50% of capacity of the Hilton Bankside Ballroom/Balcony and with fewer exhibitors this year we are able to increase networking space to allow for comfortable movement throughout.
- The Business Travel Conference Registration will be early each morning (8am) to allow extra time for attendees to pick up their badges and speed up the arrivals process.
- The Business Travel Conference Registration team will be increased to allow for quick arrival of attendees.
- The refreshment breaks and lunch service at The Business Travel Conference will be increased to accommodate more people and avoid queuing.
- Attendees to The Business Travel Conference will be asked not to attend if they display any of the three symptoms listed on the .Gov site: a) high temperature, b) a new, continuous cough, c) a loss of sense of smell or taste or it’s changed.
- If a person does present with Covid symptoms at The Business Travel Conference we have plans in place with Hilton Bankside to protect them and others from the risk of transmission.
- The Business Travel Conference has completed a full risk assessment for the event.
The Business Travel Magazine news story